If you have been following this blog or any of my social media for any amount of time. you will know that I live in the English countryside (Yorkshire, to be precise) and I absolutely love it. I like the quiet, the beautiful scenery, the friendly folk and the ease with which I can get to a city (and a cinema!). I love being active so I’m regularly walking around and exploring all the various public footpaths. I suggest you give it a try too – it’s both fun and cheap! Just scroll down for my tips on how to make the most out of your day!
Warning: Glorious nature shots ahoy!
If you Google for a specific area, you can usually find useful maps of walking tours, hiking routes and connecting public footpaths. All you have to do is hop in your car or even just pop onto public transport and you should be just a short journey away from some excellent scenery.
- Check ahead for parking spots or bus timings and make a day of it;
- Pack a picnic if you are on a budget or try out some of the local pubs;
- Dress sensibly – wear layers as the weather can turn quickly and appropriate shoes for the terrain (boots would be ideal);
- Don’t forget the sunscreen;
- Have a map with you as phone reception can be dodgy;
- Pack water and snacks to keep you going;
- Keep your eyes peeled for the signage as it can often be hidden by greenery and you may get lost.